2.10.2007

What I did on a Saturday night
I was tagged for my very first meme not all that long ago. And guess what? I've just been tagged again by Carrisa. You know you've hit it pretty big time when you've been tagged TWICE. At least that's what I think.

It comes at a pretty good time too, considering the husband is out tonight having a grand old time and I am home with a headache, the lovely internet and long list of TiVo items to catch up on. Don't feel sorry for me though because I WAS invited. I just wasn't sure I could survive all the crazy flashing lights and noisy games without my headache turning into full-fledged migraine status. So meme away! 70 questions? No problem, I've got all the time in the world.

  1. Are your parents married or divorced? married


  2. Are you a vegetarian? I'm not, but sometimes I think I could be. Not because it goes against my views, but because I'm just not a huge meat eater. I could take it or leave it.


  3. Do you believe in heaven? yes


  4. Have you ever come close to dying? I wish I had a cool story I could tell about how I was chased by mobsters or how I saved a parakeet from a burning apartment building, but I haven't had any exciting brushes with death.


  5. What jewelry do you wear 24/7? My wedding ring. It's not exactly 24/7 though... it's more like 12/7.


  6. Favorite time of day? I love 6:00 because that's when Nick and I get home from work and put our pajamas on. And then we immediately hit the couches.


  7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Bring on the broccoli stems! When I was a little kid, I used to say that broccoli was my favorite food. How weird was I?


  8. Do you wear makeup? Yes, and you should definitely appreciate that.


  9. Ever have plastic surgery? Nope, and I don't plan to. It's fine for other people, but it's just not going to be for me.


  10. Not sure what happened to question #10. Someone must not have liked it.


  11. What do you wear to bed? Getting a little personal here, aren't we? I just wear t-shirts and yoga pants or sweatpants. Nick is very lucky because it's such a sexy look.


  12. Have you ever done anything illegal? I have done a few B&Es. (That's breaking and entering for those of you who aren't quite as cool as I am.) In college photography classes, a friend and I both did our final series on abandoned houses. Mine was specifically on doors and windows, but that's beside the point. Anyway, if you want to shoot an abandoned house, you can't exactly go knock on the owner's door and ask to come in, so we had to break in. I was by myself once at a house when I was caught by the owner driving by. I almost peed my pants, but he ended up being pretty nice. Dudes, I'm so edgy.


  13. Can you roll your tongue? I'm very disappointed that I can't. I do have hitchhiker thumbs though, so at least I have something.


  14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows? Yep, no one wants a unibrow.


  15. What kind of sneakers? I'm SURE you've already read this so you know about my favorite spiffy shoes. I also wear Pumas pretty often.


  16. Do you believe in abortions? Yes, I believe they do exist.


  17. What is your hair color? blonde


  18. Future child's name? We have a few names picked out, but by the time we have children (which is many years away) I'm sure we'll have changed our minds a few times.


  19. Do you snore? Of course not. I'm such a lady. Actually, Nick has mentioned a few times that I have, but I had a cold those times so I can't be held responsible.


  20. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? We would like our next trip to be to Europe. I'm not sure specifically where, so I guess we'll just have to go everywhere while we're there.


  21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No, that would be creepy. Plus Nick already hogs too much of the bed.


  22. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? I would probably pass out first. And then I'd wonder how on earth I was able to win the lottery without ever buying lottery tickets. After that, I'd hire an architect to build us a brand spankin' new modern home while I go test drive a Mini Cooper.


  23. Gold or silver? silver and white gold (and I don't discriminate against platinum)


  24. Hamburger or hot dog? burger, for sure


  25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Potatoes, because all the best foods are potato-based products. You've got your French fries, you've got baked potatoes, baked potatoes with cheese, baked potatoes with cheese and broccoli, tater tots, tater tots dipped in ketchup, potato wedges, baked potato skins, potato skins with cheese and bacon, mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes and gravy, potato chips...


  26. City, beach or country? I love living in the city. Technically, I'm in the suburbs of the city so it's not quite as cool, but still, my answer remains city.


  27. What was the last thing you touched? Besides the keyboard (because that's pretty obvious), it was the remote. You can't just play on the internet without watching TV at the same time, because THAT would be boring.


  28. Where did you eat last? right here on the couch (pretzels in case you were wondering)


  29. When's the last time you cried? Don't tell anyone, but I teared up a little last night. My brother is the president of a community theater nearby, and Nick and I went to watch a performance there. I partially teared up because of the storyline (and sadly, it was a play geared towards children so it's pretty embarrassing that I got emotional!) and partially it was because it's amazing to see something that he has worked so hard on finally come together. He does this completely on a volunteer basis, and he's worked so hard to grow the theater from a struggling organization into what it is today. I think like 5,000 people have seen this particular show already, and it's only been open for two days! Anyway, moving on...


  30. Do you read blogs? Is this question a joke?


  31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? Like in pants and shirts? That's all I wear.


  32. Ever been involved with the police? I've been pulled over three times I believe. But I've only gotten one ticket. Must be because of my charming personality.


  33. What's your favorite shampoo, conditioner and soap? Seriously, do you really care? I didn't think so.


  34. Do you talk in your sleep? No, but Nick does sometimes and it's extraordinarily entertaining.


  35. Ocean or pool? ocean


  36. Guess someone didn't like question #36 either.


  37. Who would you take on a ménage à trois for a dirty weekend? Ewwwww, I'm a one-man kinda gal.


  38. Window seat or aisle? window seat, please


  39. Ever met anyone famous? Well, I don't want to brag or anything, but Trent Green is my personal B/F/F. That's what I like to say at least, but actually, I merely helped on a design project associated with him. And to show his appreciation, he invited Nick and me (and some other coworkers who also helped with this project) to an event he held. And then there were lots of other Chiefs players at this event, but I don't know their names. Oh yeah, and I've met Ronald McDonald. Shudder.


  40. Do you feel that you've had a truly successful life? Yes and no. I like my life and feel like I've accomplished a lot, but there's so much more that I want to do before I'll feel like I'm really a success.


  41. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? both


  42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey? Ricki's got nothin' on Oprah.


  43. Basketball or football? Tough one, because I'm not that crazy about either. I guess basketball because I understand it much better than football.


  44. How long do your showers last? at least 10 minutes


  45. Automatic or do you drive a stick? Automatic all the way, because I have no clue how to drive a stick.


  46. Cake or ice cream? That's really cruel to try to make me choose.


  47. Are you self-conscious? There are a few things in life that I'm totally confident about, but there are a lot more situations where I feel very self-conscious.


  48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up? This is probably very surprising, but I've never even had enough to be drunk, let alone throw up.


  49. Have you ever given money to a beggar? Not really, but I've been with Nick when he's given money. If we ever even have cash on us, which is quite rare, then he is the one who carries it -- I only carry my debit card, and until they get credit card machines on the street corners, then the homeless people are out of luck with me.


  50. Have you ever been in love? most definitely


  51. Where do you wish you were? Nick and I stayed in the most romantic open cottages on our honeymoon in St. Lucia. No phones, no televisions, no internet. There was a hammock on the front porch and an outdoor shower. I wish we were there right now.


  52. Are you wearing socks? No, I'm freestylin' it.


  53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? nope, thankfully


  54. Can you tango? not a chance


  55. Last gift you received? this


  56. Last sport you played? I injured my right knee when I was in the 7th grade and haven't been able to play competitive sports since then. I can't do anything where I have to start and stop quickly, because the jarring motion could re-injure it easily. However, last year for a work-related holiday party, one of our clients paid for us to go curling which was pretty fun. It's in the Olympics, so that means it's definitely a sport.


  57. Things you spend a lot of money on? Please refer to this entry.


  58. Where do you live? Kansas City


  59. Where were you born? in a hospital, of course


  60. Last wedding attended? a coworker's at the end of January


  61. Spit or swallow? um... ?


  62. Favorite position? CEO (ha!)


  63. Most hated food(s)? I can be pretty picky, so it's a long list.


  64. No #64? Who's been stealing all the questions?


  65. Can you sing? Let's just say you won't be seeing me on American Idol anytime soon.


  66. Last person you instant messaged? I don't IM. I'm like the only person who doesn't, I know.


  67. Last place you went on holiday? Branson (oh yeah!)


  68. Favorite regular drink? You should all know this by now, but it is a grande nonfat chai latte with no water and an extra pump of chai. Don't make me have to tell you again.


  69. Current song? whatever my iPod picks out for me to listen to


  70. Tag 3 friends: I'd like to see you make me.


If you made it to the end of this post, you should win some sort of award. I'm so proud of you.

7 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright. So I made it to the end, now I want you to make me a fancy schmancy award because you are a graphical QUEEN!

(And because I will send a flock of crazed cockatoos after you if you do not.)

Hee!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so explain this latte with no water to me... perhaps I don't pay attention when they make my lattes. I just assumed the only water was the water blended with the coffee to make my espresso shot.
And since I'm such a fan of the Vanilla Chai Spice creamer I think I will order me a chai latte from Starbucks.

Oh and have you seen the new thermos they have out right now?
It's white with colored flowers all over it and I *heart* it so much. I'd show you a pic but apparently starbucks.com doesn't show their merchandise online. Weirdos.


Blogger Lisa said...

Holy cow. THat is the longest meme I've ever seen. But your answers were very entertaining.


Blogger Angela said...

Alyndabear, your award will be in the mail soon. But don't hold your breath!

And Carrisa, you most definitely need to try the chai at Starbucks. I don't know if most lattes are made with water, but the chai tea is mixed with water and then made into a latte -- I just bypass that pesky water part and go straight for the creamy milk. Delish. And I HAVE seen those white flowery thermoses there. They are super-cute and I think you need one before you can go on any longer.


Blogger Isabel said...

I made it to the end. I love these things. It's a fun way to get to know others!

For my record, can I please have a heart shaped donut with sprinkles? PLEASE!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel talks in his sleep occasionally too. It's beyond hysterical. Sometimes it's not even English. It makes insomnia worthwhile!


Blogger L Sass said...

You had me at outdoor shower, girl. That is my DREAM vacation!

Post a Comment

<< Home