1.23.2007

Playing favorites
I had a late Christmas gift straggle in last week (thanks, Nick's parents!) and I've been LOVING it. I heart this mug:

Get it here.

Although I love me some caffeine in just about any form, you are probably shocked to hear that I am not a big fan of coffee. I can make myself a latte at our upstairs ginormous espresso bar at work, but I only put half a shot of espresso in my drink and then I add a random spattering of just about every flavor of syrup that we have in stock. The problem is that it's hard to feel very chic and cool when you are making a latte suicide of sorts.

Because of that, it's very rare that I go upstairs to make my appearance at the espresso bar. Instead, I prefer to nonchalantly make myself a mug of hot chocolate or hot tea in our floor's galley. No one has to know. No one gets hurt. I walk around with this bad boy in my hands, and everyone is so busy admiring how cool it is that they don't notice that I haven't yet graduated to adult taste buds.

So let's hear it. Do you have a favorite mug, or are you say, a little more promiscuous when it comes to drinking hot liquids? I'm considering taking my mug home with me on the weekends so that we don't have to be apart.

4 Comments:


Blogger Nick said...

I am a big fan of the mug I have at my office. It is nothing special but when you have something for a long time, it is hard to get rid of.
I currently have a problem with my offices coffee as I like a dark roast so I also indulge in the chocolaty goodness that is hot chocolate.


Blogger carrisa said...

I have a wonderful Starbucks mug with a screw on cap that I use every single day at work. It's black with the starbucks silver mermaid on it. And I'm all about the coffee in any shape or form. At home I just use regular coffee mugs, but they are always cute ones, never plain ones.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also drink hot chocolate at work. I am not a fan of the black coffee that is free in the office so I bring in my own box of Swissmiss hot chocolate. I borrow a mug from the office that says "Real Women Delegate!"

Christine


Blogger Angela said...

Sweet! Real women delegate, huh? I have trouble delegating -- that's definitely one of my pitfalls. I want to take charge of a project from beginning to end so that I know it's done right.

Good thing I'm not drinking from THAT mug, or I'd be a real faker.

Post a Comment

<< Home