9.30.2007

My new lid
I got my hair cut and dyed a bit darker a week or so ago. It's a little shorter and I've been wearing it straight lately.

The real test of how different it looks happened at Starbucks a while ago. I walked in husband-less, dressed up because of a lunch thing I had, and waited in line to order my usual drink. We're there so often that the baristas know our drinks and start making them as soon as they see us. This particular barista was no exception, although she looked at me blankly when it was my turn to order. I was waiting for her to say something like, "Your usual today?" And she was waiting on me to actually order. It was very awkward. All it took was for me to say my order for her to recognize me finally, and then it all became very humorous.

Granted I was there by myself that morning and that never happens, plus I wasn't in my uniform of jeans and casual clothes, but still, you know you look pretty different when you actually have to VOCALIZE your Starbucks order.

14 Comments:


Blogger carrisa said...

how funny. you know because of you I now crave chai lattes. Only I like them iced and instead of an extra pump of chai I actually go with one less.

I can't wait to see pics of your new hair.


Blogger alana said...

I think it's so cute that your baristas know your order off by heart. It doesn't matter how many times I walk into my local Starbucks and order the same drink, they still have no idea who I am.

When do we get to see the new 'do?


Blogger Janet said...

we don't get a photo??? :)


Blogger Abbie said...

That's a nice story angie...pictures please?
we need to VISUALIZE!

the new do sounds adorable! i'm itching for a haircut now!

and yes, we do need a visual ;)


Blogger Chris Cactus said...

The woman who runs the deli in my building is confusing me lately. When I ordered coffee this morning, she asked my why I wasn't getting milk too. And last week, she made some odd comment about how I was getting something different for lunch. Then I realized, she must be confusing me with something else. Or I have a milk-loving doppelganger.


Blogger L Sass said...

I want to see the new 'do, too!


Blogger Unknown said...

Photo please!! Am desperate for the before/after shots!

xox


Blogger Nick said...

Me too, me t.... Opps

;)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Blogger Lindsey said...

I just dyed my hair slightly darker too! I like to do that in the fall/winter!

So...when do we get to see how you look?


Blogger Katelin said...

It's funny my hair is naturally a curly mess and whenever I straighten it, some people have no idea who I am.

I love changing hair styles/colors. Props for the darker look. :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that the 'Bucks people know you. It makes me happy.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe. I was very excited that my lancome girl remembers me. I can only imagine if she could figure out what i wanted too! hehe.

Post a Comment

<< Home