9.06.2007

Just call me Angels
A piece that I worked on was recently published in a design magazine. They print all of the information about the project in the margins, like the designers, photographers, the client, etc. My name was published as Angels instead of Angela for some reason -- just a slip of a keystroke by someone laying out the magazine I guess, and not something that would necessarily be caught by proofreading (although I must say Angels would be a pretty weird name).

When I saw it I laughed a little and made some comment about how angelic I am and yada yada yada. I haven't given it a bit of thought since.

But today amongst all the junk mail that lovingly graces my desk, a bright orange handwritten envelope buried within really stood out. And who was it addressed to? Why, that would be Angels of course, at your service.

Even better, I opened it to find a note congratulating Angels on her award-winning work.

I don’t know why, but my new persona just cracks me up, probably way more than it should.

12 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your new design, miss. Gorgeous colours!

Angels... I dunno, it suits you. But it also reminds me of an alternative, hippy-ish, tattoo artist too. Or something.


Blogger Katelin said...

Haha Angels is pretty funny. Sometimes slips of the name are pretty entertaining, my name has been misspelled more times than I can count since there are about 83758375 ways to spell Katelin, my favorite so far has been Kaardin. Priceless.


Blogger Nap Queen said...

Hee hee, that's a funny one!


Blogger carrisa said...

you're taking it a lot better than I would. but then I've dealt with my name being misspelled my entire life. I've got lots of pent up anger.

and yes the site looks fantastic!!! love the colors.


Blogger Janet said...

I guess Angels is better than... Angelx or Angelp or something?


Blogger Aimee said...

that's your stripper name. just admit it already! sheesh.

My friend and I got our pictures in the paper and they BUTCHERED her last name. Poor thing. She was crushed.

Angels totally fits though, so you're okay. ;)

Well he could have slipped and hit the q or z keys. Maybe Angels isn't so bad. In fact it's kind of unique :)

Totally LOVE the new layout by the way.


Blogger L Sass said...

Hey, all superstars (in design, modeling or acting) have "stage names." Why not you, Angels?


Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Congrats, Angels!

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new look over here!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's your new alter-ego! I picture it the same way as Alynda, a hippyish tattooed alterna-chick. With black hair.

My last name is always pronounced wrong... hey, it's a great way to weed out the telemarketers.


Blogger Chris Cactus said...

Sometimes I get stuff addressed to Christ, owing to the fact that my full name is Christopher. We could team up - Christ and the Angels. I think we could put something together there, like a religion or something.


Blogger Lindsey said...

Well congrats anyway...Angels!

Post a Comment

<< Home