8.11.2008

In the last 5 days...
  1. We found out that the loft we've been waiting 14 months for would be no more. The developers are pulling it out from under us so that the building can turn rental-only. Jerks.


  2. We went through all five stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) in a period of about 24 hours.


  3. We hit the pavement to start scouting out a new place to live.


  4. We found a great new loft that's bigger and better.


  5. AND it's available to move into right away, rather than waiting until December.


  6. We put an offer on that loft.


  7. They countered.


  8. We countered.


  9. They accepted.


And I think that now brings us up-to-date. We just have to make sure nothing strange happens with the financing and we should be good to move in before the end of this month. Hallelujah!

8 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa, that's crazy. funny how things happen like that sometimes. I cannot wait to see photos of your new place. You better show us photos!!!


Blogger Janet said...

whew -- glad there is a happy ending (or almost one, at least!) I want pics!! :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. I can't even imagine! That is so annoying, but I'm glad everything worked out!


Blogger Katelin said...

oh yay glad it all worked out. hope you guys definitely get the new place :)


Blogger Vanessa said...

That's pretty crazy but amazing how it's working to your favor. Good luck with closing and congratulations on your new home!


Blogger Chris Cactus said...

I got a little anxious reading that! Whew. Congrats!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH so happy to read there's a happy ending to that story, because my stomach dropped to the floor! ugh, how stressful! This new loft will be theee best! Can't wait to see pics!


Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

What a roller coaster! I go away on vacation, and I miss all kinds of craziness.

Also, since I came over here to show you this, I should actually show you. Saw it and thought of you and your awesome robots: http://mightygirl.com/2008/08/12/robot-faces-of-argentna/

Post a Comment

<< Home