2.15.2008

A little advice from a seasoned pro
Put on your party hats because today is Jen's surprise virtual engagement party. In honor of such a special occasion, a wedding-related post is in store for you. After giving it a lot of thought, I've come up with some useful advice for our new bride-to-be.

How to tell your bridal party.
It would probably be a good idea if you made the big announcement to your wedding party in person, rather than accidentally on Facebook. Oh and also, maybe you should know what day you're going to get married first before making said announcement.

Themed weddings rule.
My personal recommendation? Renaissance all the way. I'm envisioning your grand entrance on a white stallion with ribbons braided throughout its mane.

What your music selections say about you.
I think the Chicken Dance should be a staple of whatever sort of music you plan to play during the reception, or hey, maybe even during the ceremony itself. People LOVE the Chicken Dance. If you can get it in there twice or three times, even better.

Cats make great ring bearers.
Just think of how stunning Max, Madison and Henry would look in tuxedos.

You can never have enough dust busters.
We only registered for one and I think we netted three. So just remember, if you want six dust busters, register for two. If you want nine, register for three. I think you can do the math from there.

Thinking about party favors?
Try kazoos. It will be fun to hear everyone's creative musical interpretations of the songs your band or DJ plays all night.

Make sure your reception location gets WiFi.
You're probably going to want to check in on your blog, or at the very least, see what you're missing at the office while you're away.

And I think that pretty much covers it. Good luck with your wedding plans, Jen! I'm sure my simple suggestions will make the planning process a breeze.

11 Comments:


Blogger shelleycoughlin said...

The horse with the ribbon-braided hair sealed the deal. If Jen doesn't have a Renaissance wedding, I totally am.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you have stumbled on the winning combination:

Renaissance wedding + kazoos + multiple Chicken Dances (hello, father-daughter number!) + WiFi = amazing blog fodder

Or maybe that is just a winning combination for ME. :)


Blogger Janet said...

great advice! Who knew about the dustbusters? Somehow we didn't get a single one :)


Blogger Nic (NotPerfect) said...

Oooh, good idea on the braids. Everyone can have a different one. Here's some inspiration http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braid_examples.htm


Anonymous Anonymous said...

The WiFi suggestion is key. Jen is going to need to live blog her wedding, after all!

I'm partial to a circus theme. I think riding down the aisle on an elephant and having twin Siberian tigers on each side of the altar would be the height of class!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chicken dance should be done at EVERY single function, as well as the Hokey Pokey. And the Macarena. And the Nut Bush.

(Don't you all wish you could come to my imaginary wedding?)


Blogger Katelin said...

Sounds like lovely advice, haha. Granted I have noticed at weddings that people really do love the chicken dance, you can't avoid it.


Blogger Lara said...

i'm planning on having someone live blog my wedding. you know, if i ever find someone who wants to marry me. :-P


Blogger L Sass said...

All white stallions should have ribbons woven in their hair, I think. Good call.


Blogger Lindsey said...

Wow, these are amazing suggestions. I think they can be applied to my own wedding/wedding planning. Brilliant! :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home