1.12.2008

Probably not going on the refrigerator
I sent Nick some illustrations that I worked on for a client project a few days ago. I thought he'd be interested to see how they turned out, considering he sort of helped me brainstorm the subject matter a long time ago.

I guess he was feeling a bit jealous of the work, because he emailed his own masterpiece* back to me:



Why he chose to draw a horse in the first place is beyond me, particularly since the original illustrations were of something completely different. I also found it quite humorous that he identified this beast, which was part of his original design, not something that I added in later to avoid confusion.

I had to clarify that those were intended to be two eyes and two nostrils, making this particular pose virtually impossible. Nick claims that he's just looking backwards. Who am I to argue with someone of such talent.


*The artist has requested I mention that he envisions his artwork as the Fabio of horses, with his long, glorious mane blowing gracefully with the wind.

9 Comments:


Blogger Jamie Lovely said...

HAHAH! I'm pretty sure if I tried to draw a horse, this is how it would look.


Blogger carrisa said...

I don't know.. putting this on the fridge might just make your house sell faster.


Blogger Lara said...

it won't stop staring at me...


Blogger Jennifer said...

wow, that's... I don't even know. Wow.


Blogger karmicbaloney said...

I do notice the horse looking backwards, but only after your husband said it.


Blogger Kennethwongsf said...

Perhaps this horse has been inspired by Picasso's geometrically disembodied horse in Guernica.


Blogger Aimee said...

his head looks more like a scary skeleton/pirates of the carribean head.


Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha, that's fantastic.

xox


Blogger Vanessa said...

This is TOO cute! How could you not love that? ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home