1.16.2008

Loft update
We made a little trip downtown over the weekend to check on the progress of our loft. It's definitely starting to take shape now that the walls are up. What's really fun is to finally be making some decisions about what it will look like.

For instance:

  • The floor throughout is a polished concrete like this.

  • Our kitchen cabinets and countertops look like this.

  • We think this light will be hanging over the dining table.

  • We'd like to get this couch (in gray), or at least something similar.

  • This is the light fixture for the bedroom.

  • This powerline wall graphic will be on one wall, which will be painted bright green, in the bedroom. The rest of the walls will be white. (The green wall also denotes our "office" and will have a curtain we can use to close it off if we want.)

  • As for the other rooms' wall colors, we think the bathroom, kitchen and living room will all be white, aside from the exterior wall in the living room which is a cool rustic brick.

  • And the jury's still out on the rest of the lighting decisions, plus the bathroom fixtures.


It's becoming increasingly easy to see ourselves there now. We're so ready that I think we'd be willing to move in amongst the sheetrock and electricians. It will certainly be small, but I think that makes it cozy. Besides, there will now be a whole city at our doorstep, giving us so much more space than we ever dreamed of.

13 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your decor choices confirm that you are SO MUCH COOLER than I am, as though I didn't know that already. :)

Ooh, and I love that couch. We always give thanks for a couch where we can both recline at the same time. It will be so nice to have new construction, too. Yay!


Blogger carrisa said...

This is the part where I now start to stalk you.

You have exactly the kind of taste that me and my husband have. I am jealous of your loft. There are some lofts downtown here that I love to drive by. But I could never go from a house to a loft while I have dogs. And damn him for not letting me give those pesky dogs away.

All your choices are awesome. It's so different from my style (my style = IKEA); it all looks so sheik and stylish!


Blogger Isabel said...

Dude, we need to talk about this more. It seems like our places are quite similar. We've talked about getting that same graphic for our new house. And dude, we're both dying for something for Babboo's room...we just aren't sure what!

HOORAY for your new place.


Blogger karmicbaloney said...

Those are all awesome choices! Looks like it'll be a great place. :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love it all! Congrats!


Blogger LaLa said...

Damn, now I want to redecorate.


Blogger Katelin said...

Ooh I love the powerline wall graphic, it's awesome. And basically everything else is amazing too, so excited for you guys!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh love your style & choices! YAY how exciting!!!


Blogger L Sass said...

Awesome! I adore that sofa. It's so pretty, and yet totally crash-and-watch-TV worthy!


Blogger Vanessa said...

So much fun putting it all together and with the finishing touches and details. Its going to look awesome! Congrats!

you guys have great taste! very modern. :)


Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Holy moly, I think I need to hire you to decorate our new place!

I am especially in love with the kitchen, and that powerline graphic is so ridiculously cool that I cannot stand it :D

Post a Comment

<< Home