1.25.2008

What did I miss?
This past week and the week before, I got pulled into a really huge project that involved working most nights. It caused me to miss an evening with friends from college one night. I missed seeing Nick across the couch on the others. I missed catching up on my favorite shows and eating normal dinners and getting things done around the house. Seriously, I even missed the fact that Heath Ledger died until the day after.

Last weekend we were all set to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday, but instead she got really sick and had to spend three days in the hospital. I missed spending lots of happy times with her and the rest of my family. I missed going up for the whole day to see her and my brother and hang with my darling little niece. And mostly I just missed seeing her feeling well enough to enjoy her own birthday.

Because the insanely large work project was just presented yesterday, last night was the first night free from under it. But did we sit at home and relax and catch up? Not quite. I had to drag Nick with me to a different work commitment. I wish I could tell you more about it because it would make for some pretty hilarious stories, but alas, it involves work and is therefore off limits.

And because of last night's special event, I missed being at home curled up in my pajamas, I missed watching this week's episode of Project Runway, and I even missed eating dinner.

So tell me, since I haven't gotten out into the real world lately, what else did I miss?

7 Comments:


Blogger carrisa said...

Well it sounds like the government wants to give us all some rebate checks. Something around $600. Which is a much higher number than I would have expected. Of course my breath isn't being held waiting for it or anything.

Other than that... I think you are caught up!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly? Not much! Stupid writers guild strike!


Blogger L Sass said...

Um... Britney Spears is crazy and apparently a woman and a black man are running for the Democratic presidential nomination. I can't remember their names, though... hmmm...


Blogger Trish Ryan said...

It's winter, so that's why it's so cold outside. And the Miss America contestant from your lovely home state claimed to have surfed in on an amber wave of grain. Other than that, not much. Welcome back :)


Blogger Chris Cactus said...

I'm not sure you missed much. Except some much needed rest. Make sure you get it!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your adventures.... hope you're taking it easy now if you can!


Blogger LaLa said...

Not much, it's Summer here but incredibly wet... Other than that... not much.

Post a Comment

<< Home