1.11.2008

Welcome to our home
Our house has to go on the market in a few weeks so that we can make sure it sells by the time we move to our new loft. You probably already know this, but getting a house ready to sell is a lot of work. Seriously. Someone should have warned me.

In the past two days alone, I believe we've been to Home Depot at least four different times. One more trip and I'm pretty sure they would have given us our own heated comfort-grip shopping cart with a personalized vanity plate.

We're getting new carpet installed in a few of our rooms today, so we spent the last couple of nights moving furniture and painting. Let me tell you, it was rather invigorating being able to use our crappy old carpet that I've hated since the day we moved in as a drop cloth. I refrained from painting "I Hate You" all over it with my paintbrush, but only because I didn't want the carpet installation people to worry about us.

Since we had to finish all of the painting last night, we stayed up really late working. We were so tired and loopy that Nick actually painted pockets and knee patches onto his sweatpants. There was a part of the night where I just had to stop and laugh at Nick in his decorated sweatpants, dancing around to "This Is Why I'm Hot" on the radio, and be thankful that this terrifying scene should never have to happen again.

7 Comments:


Blogger carrisa said...

Do you find yourself constantly watching shows like Designed To Sell on HGTV now? The only good thing that's come out of this writers strike is that I'm glued to HGTV all the time now.

Makes me itch to do home renovations. But then I remember I'm broke and not the least bit handy.

Make sure you take before and after photos for us of all your hard work.


Blogger L Sass said...

It really doesn't seem fair that you have to spend so much time and money preparing your house just to turn it over to someone else, does it?

I'm sending you good selling vibes!


Blogger Jamie Lovely said...

Ditto on the good selling vibes!


Blogger Katelin said...

Triple ditto on the good selling vibes!! :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're starting to get our condo ready to put on the market too. Thankfully I have a brother who owes me a few favors (and happens to own a construction company) so he'll be helping us out!

Good luck!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of hard work, but at least you've got some fun moments in there too. Good luck with the rest of the process!


Blogger LaLa said...

Ohmygod. Painting really sucks.

You have my sympathies.

Post a Comment

<< Home