5.11.2007

It's official, sort of
We've put our deposit down on our new loft, which is so incredibly exciting. In the next few days, we should know for sure which unit will be ours, and then I have about a year and a half to obsess over it and plan out exactly where every last piece of furniture will go. I'm sure we'll also spend way too much time deciding on which color and type of cabinets we want, what color of polished concrete we want and what the bathroom and light fixtures will look like.

Having to wait for over a year doesn't just give me time to obsess, it also means that we'll have quite a bit of time to sell all of the stuff that won’t fit in our new small space and get our house ready for the market, both of which are rather daunting. Garage sale, anyone?

I also now have plenty of time to scout out some new furniture, much to my delight and probably much to Nick's dismay. You see, I can't just find something I like and go with it. I have to find something I like and then find everything else that's ever been made just to make sure that I've picked the right thing. That alone will take at least a year and a half, so we're in luck.

This is gonna get good. Let the obsession begin!

14 Comments:


Blogger Dawnie said...

EEEK! Congratulations! I think a year and a half is just about right to get ready to move - both in the practical sense as well as the psychological sense.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cool! Congrats!


Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!! I think that is so fantastic! I can't wait to hear about the plans, the schemes and, of course, the furniture! (You are posting your favorites, right?)

xox


Blogger L Sass said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Doesn't obsessing over furniture make you feel old? It does for me!


Blogger littlemissy555 said...

Congrats! That is awesome. Be glad that you will have the time to get ready. I love garage sales btw ;0)


Blogger Lara said...

major congratulations! enjoy the planning of furniture and decorating. :)


Blogger carrisa said...

Oh man, there is a furniture store here called IQ and it is full of contemporary furniture that is perfect for a loft. Sometimes I just walk around in there and drool.

You probably have something similar where you are, but if not... Tulsa's got you covered!

(are you in MO or KS?)


Blogger Isabel said...

How very exciting. You are going to post pictures, right?

And it's a good thing you aren't married to my husband. He's the SAME WAY about stuff. It seriously will take him a year to choose a new messenger bag. Let's not even talk about the amount of e-mail I get a DAY about tile colors of door materials. I totally trust his judgement, so I wish he's just choose and leave me out of it. AHHH.

What I'm saying...is I can't wait to hear more about your concrete floors?? Do tell....


Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Oooh, exciting! Congrats!


Blogger Janet said...

so cool! let the countdown begin!!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Congratulations!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

Hmm. You sound like my flatmate, are you a Virgo by any chance?


Blogger Lisa said...

Oh yeay for YOU. SO envious and excited for you.

KC is an awesome city.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babes, congratulations on the new loft! I'm excited for you! Furniture! Yay!

Post a Comment

<< Home