5.01.2007

Starchfest 2007
A few nights ago, Nick and I were out and about, completely starving and trying to figure out what we wanted for dinner. I decided we should go home and make some macaroni and cheese, but after we thought about it, we knew we didn’t have any milk at home or a box of mac and cheese to work with.

While we considered possible alternatives, we swung by Sonic for cherry vanilla Dr. Peppers. It's much easier to think with a little shock of extra caffeine in your system.

No matter what alternatives we threw out on the table, we still craved mac and cheese and couldn't get it out of our heads. While we were still sitting in our car at Sonic and without explaining anything to me, Nick pulled out a card from his wallet and proceeded to dial a number on his cell phone. I glanced at the card and saw that he was calling a nearby restaurant.

When someone picked up, to my complete and total embarrassment, he asked if they served macaroni and cheese and if we could get to-go orders. She said that they only had it on the children's menu, which Nick agreed to. And surprise, we also get a choice of sides. She rattled them off and Nick whispered them all to me. We both landed on the baked sweet potatoes, complete with brown sugar, butter and marshmallows. Our lovely starch-filled dinner cost us a total of $3 each, plus a really great tip for our helpful phone friend.

We headed over to the restaurant, and Nick ran inside to get our order from the girl he talked to on the phone. She asked if he wanted one roll or two, and naturally he requested two. Somehow he walked out of there with eight.

We brought all of our to-go order boxes home and spread them out on our coffee table. It was completely insane. See for yourselves:

8 Comments:


Blogger Janet said...

omg that potato is insane!!!!! no wonder our kids are all obese, huh :) your hubby is a clever guy


Blogger Lara said...

wow, that looks so tasty. though that could be because i'm just really hungry right now. :-P


Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD.

I WANTS IT.

That's all.


Blogger L Sass said...

That potato looks sinful and delicious. And the mac and cheese is highly superior to the boxed variety. Yum.


Blogger Unknown said...

That is so funny! I was craving Mac & Cheese last week, and actually went to the store to get a box! I don't think I'd eaten any since I was about 9... but I still loved it!


Blogger Trish Ryan said...

That is my dream dinner! I've long felt that macaroni & cheese should be moved off of the sides menu and given main-dish credit. Kudos to you and your hubby for being food pioneers :)


Blogger littlemissy555 said...

Looking at those pictures is making me soooo hungry. What a clever husband you have there. So, what did you do with all the extra rolls? ;0)


Blogger Dawnie said...

Man, that looks TASTY. You've got a keeper there.

Post a Comment

<< Home