5.10.2007

No doughnuts, thanks.
I went out to a going-away lunch for a co-worker today at this rather odd home-style food buffet. It was awesome food, don't get me wrong, but it was just different than your typical dining experience.

I was up at the buffet all alone, filling my plate full of mashed potatoes and green beans and the like when one of the "buffet attendants" said something to me. Actually, I wasn't even sure he was talking to me at first, but when no one else answered him I sort of assumed he was directing his question to me.

I thought he asked if I wanted some doughnuts, but that sounded like a weird question, seeing as how there were no doughnuts on the buffet and if I wanted some, I'd just help myself.

He repeated himself, and the next time around before he even finished, I was already getting ready to say, "No, I don't want any doughnuts." I had even started to shake my head no when I quickly processed what he was really asking me, and that was if anyone ever told me before that I looked like Kirsten Dunst. So I saved myself by following my "No" with "Actually, no one's ever said that before." And moved ever-so-quickly back to my seat.

I'm just really glad I didn't tell him that I didn't want doughnuts because that would have been REALLY awkward.

4 Comments:


Blogger Janet said...

awkward, but funny! :)


Blogger Dawnie said...

Hee. Oops.


Blogger Unknown said...

Haha! Classic!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would have been even funnier is if you had said,

Yes, Thanks, I'll take one of those.

Kidnapping Kirsten Dunst? Priceless!

Post a Comment

<< Home