3.31.2007

Locked up
I'm so thrilled that it's Saturday. At this very moment, I am curled up on the couch under a blanket with all the windows open, my chai tea by my side and a million blogs to catch up on. Our house is silent because Nick is camped out in the office studying for a test, and the only thing I can hear are birds singing outside while I feel the breeze coming in through the open windows. This is one of those moments where everything just feels right.

Cue the screeching halt, when Nick calls me up from my comfy perch to request that I lock him in the office. Yes, you read that right. Nick wanted to be locked in the office with his accounting book and highlighter fumes. Like I said before, all of our windows are open. Apparently that causes such an air current that even when he closes the French doors of the office, they just get sucked back open. And for some reason, there is a lock on the outside of the doors rather than the inside. Now that he's caged in there with no place to go, I can return to my own personal solace.

You know, having the whole silent house to myself is rather nice. I think I might try this husband-caging more often. But don't worry, I'll slip him some food and water every once in a while.


Totally unrelated, but my hellish work week is finally over. Cheers! Except for it's really not. Because I have to go back to the office today, SATURDAY. And that's just lovely.

6 Comments:


Blogger Eau'Flynn said...

that sounds so nice! i was listening to the birds chirp too..but can't open the windows. the weather here is bi-polar, one minute it's up, the next it's down. it was 15 degrees (celius, i don't know the other) yesterday and today - snow! :)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday, lovey. I wish I could have Saturday back - Sundays = back to work soon = NOOOO!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh. I am jealous, I am so doing nothing next weekend.


Blogger L Sass said...

I had to work this weekend, too. :(

Fortunately, I was able to do it from home!!

Here's hoping this week goes better!


Blogger Unknown said...

One of my favorite things in the world is an empty, quite house. I spent most of Sunday afternoon flipping through my stockpile of magazines and making lists... two more of my favorite things.


Blogger carrisa said...

Riiiggghhhtt.... I'm also gonna need you to come in on Sunnnndddaaaayyy...

Post a Comment

<< Home