3.28.2007

Long day
I worked today for about 13 hours straight. Straight, as in no breaks for lunch or dinner (don't worry, Mom, I DID eat, but I just worked while I dined). Work is just crazy this week and I lost almost an entire day out of the office yesterday because of a photo shoot. I love shoots when I'm not busy -- it's fun to get out of the office and work with new people and eat awesome food (which basically means not Lean Cuisines) all day. But when I'm loaded with projects, every minute I have to spend waiting around for each shot to be set up is a minute of pure torture. I want my minutes back! Gah!

Late tonight I was working on this particular project which required me to try a print transfer technique. Basically, you just brush paint thinner on the back of a printout and then press it onto a new sheet of paper. Wherever you press, the ink from the printout attaches to the clean sheet of paper. I scouted out an old mug to hold my paint thinner. You see, I learned my lesson from the last time I tried this when I used a styrofoam cup to hold it, and of course it ate right through the cup and made a lovely mess. Once I found a mug and a paintbrush, I was going to town on my project and was pretty happy with my results. It started to get harder and harder to get my paper wet with paint thinner, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was doing wrong. I kept dipping and brushing, dipping and brushing, but was not getting my paper very wet.

I'm going to just go right out there and admit that it probably took me at least a minute or two to figure out that the bristles of my paintbrush had completely disappeared and I was just brushing with tiny little nubs. Alas, that is when I decided that it is high time to go home.

7 Comments:


Blogger Lara said...

i think that's more a sign that it's *past* time to go home. glad you got out alive. :-P


Blogger Janet said...

wow 13 hours is not too fun. Hope tomorrow is better!


Blogger littlemissy555 said...

Wow, long day! Hope you have a better day today!


Blogger L Sass said...

Keep at it! I hope someone brings you some delicious chocolate today to keep your stamina up.


Blogger Unknown said...

I think that besides the ridiculously long day of work - the paint thinner was starting to go to your head... hey, at least you got something out of it! :)


Blogger Lisa said...

Oh 13 hour days? Eeek. That's hard.

Hope next week isn't so crazy busy.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to work several 12-14 hour days in January and February. I feel your pain. I just get loopy on days like that.

Post a Comment

<< Home