1.18.2007

I could be mistaken for a bag lady.
I was a little cold the other night when we were doing our usual routine of sitting on the couch watching TiVo. I don't know what my problem was, but I put on sweats, a long-sleeved t-shirt, Nick's jacket and my infamous foot duvets over my socks, and then I heated up my neck wrap in the microwave for longer than the recommended time. After that, I covered up in the warmest blanket ever and was trying to convince Nick to get up and get me another blanket.

I thought I had succeeded in my pitiful plea bargain, but instead of grabbing me another blanket, he grabbed the camera. He thought I looked like a Hershey's kiss. I don't see the resemblance.

Exhibit A:



By the way, he did finally get me a second blanket when he was finished ridiculing me. He's a really nice guy, you see.

I know in the past that I might have alluded to Nick's less-than-romantic side. That's not an entirely true representation of him, because he really can be quite sweet and mushy.

See that blanket I'm wearing as though I'm camping out on the peak of Mount Everest? One year for Valentine's Day, he actually MADE that for me. He literally stepped foot inside a real fabric store, without wearing some sort of disguise to conceal his identity, and tested out each and every soft fuzzy fabric to find the perfect one. Just knowing that makes it that much warmer. And that much more hilarious.

8 Comments:


Blogger Janet said...

that is hilarious, and I know JUST how you feel. I am always freezing in my own house. But my husband stepping into a fabric store on his own accord? Nope, that would never happen in my house. Lucky you!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look adorable. And I think it's great that you put the bag under the blanket. No one wants cold hands!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm just now seeing foot duvets and they are sold out! Damn them! I want some! I guess I'll have to go on the hunt now.


Blogger Angela said...

OMG, you don't know what you are missing out on with no foot duvets in your life! Seriously, they are the warmest things ever invented.

I'm thinking about getting a second pair that I can just leave in the car for any sort of trip whatsoever. It can be a necessity kept under the seat, much like an ice scraper or spare change.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foot duvets?! How and why have I never heard of these?! I'm begining to think I live under a rock with all the cool things I'm learning from your site!


Blogger Lisa said...

Awww. THat is really cute. Yes you Do look like a Hershey's kiss!


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I just want you to know that since the website I was sold out I just went to ebay and bought two pairs!!! I'm confident enough to know that I will love them and my best friend will love them.

Thanks!


Blogger Angela said...

Score! I'm sure you won't be disappointed. ebay is the best.

Post a Comment

<< Home