1.16.2007

Guest Post #8: I need help.
We all have received gifts that we either don’t want to use or cannot use for one reason or another. It might be due to the ugly nature of the gift, or perhaps it is something so perfect (for re-gifting) that you prefer not to open it.

This is most definitely not the case with my latest unused Christmas gift, an iTunes gift card. I simply have no idea how to use it. I have a ton of music that I love to listen to, but maybe it’s time to give other artists a chance.

I suppose I could also use the gift card on video downloads, but I don’t have one of those cool people iPods that can play video. I’d just have to watch it on my computer (but seriously, when you have TiVo, who wants to watch anything on the computer?).

This is your chance to change my life forever. Introduce me to that band you have always loved but never had a chance to tell anyone about, a song that you are afraid to tell your friends you like (for me, that song would be “My Love” by Justin Timberlake), or even an episode of a TV show that might get me hooked on what you have been obsessing about forever.

Post anything you think I should download and I will check it out. I will update you all on the newfound music that I have discovered and let you know what I think.

Thanks for the help.

5 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a tad ag-ed compared to you so perhaps recommending an older band? My favorite band when I was a younger man was Rush. More rock than pop and they go way back to the 70's and 80's and I think they've made some more modern albums (which I'm not very familiar with the newer stuff). Maybe a best hits type of album (They've got a 2CD set called Chronicles or something like that I think).

If you really can't find anything though, I did a couple of posts about regifting that might help you figure out what to do with it...

Really Horrible Gifts
Really Horrible Gifts (Reprise)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to recommend The Format and Mat Kearney and Shiny Toy Guns and well... I don't really know what you like.
But that's something.


Blogger Janet said...

I really like the songs on the Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack and some of the Scrubs stuff too. Or really just any Zach Braff movie. I just find that getting a soundtrack gives me more variety than an album of just one artist.


Blogger Isabel said...

This is the kind of post that I'm always waiting for.

Let me (please) introduce you to my FAVORITE band:

Old 97's

You must give them a listen.

(Let me also suggest Rhett Miller, who is their lead singer and has a couple of good solo albums. Yes, please give them a listen. And then report back.)


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words for you, my friend:
David
Hasselhoff

Post a Comment

<< Home