12.11.2006

Perhaps you had to be there
Today it is a dreary, misty, yucky day in Kansas City. There is so much dirty spittle being kicked up by the passing cars, requiring the frequent use of one's severe weather blades, if you will. Kenneth did just fine, so don't you worry.

The car in front of me though, was having some major difficulties. The man driving the car had to continually stick his arm, holding a bottle of Aquafina, out his window and fling it on his windshield. At the time, I thought this was about the funniest thing ever. But um, maybe you had to be there.


This reminds me of a little mishap I had several years ago, when we bought new windshield wiper blades for my old car and Nick had to install them one night in the dark. I'm guessing he may not have tightened them completely, although I cannot confirm that theory. All I know is that the next day it rained like crazy, and on my way to work my blades got all loose and tangled up amongst themselves. They were a mess, and I was stuck in very slow moving traffic on a long bridge extension and the subsequent bridge, not having a place I could pull over or exit for several miles. So I drove with my crazy blades, trying to look out of my side window so I could see where I was going. I was completely mortified and wet.

I guess maybe you had to be there, too, but at the time I thought it was very embarrassing. And you can just humor me and agree, alright?

1 Comments:


Blogger Nick said...

I still maintain that I did not do anything wrong. The only thing I am guilty of is being caring enough to install them in the first place (OK, maybe a little cheap too as it would have cost us maybe $5 to have them put on for us).

Post a Comment

<< Home