3.19.2008

A quick summary
I guess The Crazy that I referenced before wasn't completely over when I wrote that, but it's getting closer and closer now. I'm excited that I can finally share my news, which I was forced to be pretty tight-lipped about before.

In the last two weeks, aside from stressing out about putting our house back on the market and getting ready for the largest moving sale in history, I was also working on pursuing a new job. It all happened so fast that I wasn't at all prepared, either physically or mentally. At the beginning of those two weeks, I wasn't even looking and hadn't updated my poor portfolio in over four years. In a matter of days I somehow managed to do just that and go through several interviews at a place that I've always admired and have wanted to be a part of. Everything clicked and went as smoothly as one could hope for.

However, change is scary for me, especially when I'm leaving a place that I really love and people that I really respect. I also had to worry about how to delicately break the news to those very people, but now that it's all over with and out in the open I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm finally able to sleep well again and to feel at peace with this part of my life.

Which is great, because there are plenty of other things to spend my time worrying about. First and foremost is the house situation, which I'm hoping will clear up soon. One of the big problems there is that we were trying to sell off all of our things before moving day and had already started letting friends and family call dibs on our furniture. We told them all that they could come pick their stuff up whenever they wanted. But then suddenly the house contract fell apart and I felt terrible asking them if they could leave everything with us until we sell the house the second time around. Oops. At least they are our friends and family, right?

So aside from the big furniture sale mishap, we also had a huge moving sale all set up and ready to go in our garage when the house deal fell through. We can't exactly just box it up and do it over again later when we are ready, so we are going through with it this weekend as planned. (And to anyone who stops by for a house showing this Saturday, please don't let the weirdos out in the garage hawking their wares to complete strangers distract you from the lovely features our house has to offer.)

The last insane thing that has been happening as of late is that we are still working on getting our robot business up and running. I know it has seemed like it's taken forever, and it has, but wow, there sure is a lot involved when you are starting your own business, especially when you can only work on it in your non-existent free time. I did the design for everything once already, but started to not like it so much and knew I could do better. So in the last two weeks, I also redid everything from scratch. Now the last major thing we have to accomplish is the website design, and luckily this time around we decided to hire someone to design and code it. For real this time, it should only be a month or two before we can announce the site and let you see what we've been working so hard on.

I think that pretty much covers all of The Crazy from the last couple of weeks and why it has been so quiet around here. It's definitely not over and back to normal yet, but each step takes us much closer. Thanks for sticking around, and I promise to formulate a real post here soon. I can't wait for you to see some of the really strange stuff we're selling at our garage sale. Rest assured, pictures are on their way!

12 Comments:


Blogger Janet said...

okay, that is a whirlwind! But it sounds like you have your head on straight about all of it and some really cool things are happening. Congrats on the job -- hurrah!


Blogger Vanessa said...

That's crazy! (just like you said!) I hope you have some kind of vacation coming up soon!


Blogger Chris Cactus said...

Definitely crazy. Hope there's a positive end in sight!

I'm exhausted just reading about all that. You have A LOT going on! Hope it all calms down soon, and congrats on the new job!


Blogger L Sass said...

You ARE busy! But it sounds like mostly good stuff. Congratulations on the new job! And I have my fingers crossed that the house sells (again) soon.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goodness woman! You are all sorts of busy! Kudos on the new job, and the robot business (can! not! wait!).

I'm sending positive reselling karma your way, I hope it makes it through the MidWest!

xox


Blogger Katelin said...

Oh man that definitely is a ton of crazy! I hope it slows down a bit for you soon!


Blogger Jamie Lovely said...

Congrats on the new job!

so many great things happening at once!! i hope that you guys can sell your house quickly. that has got to be frusterating. but congrats on the new job and the robot business. sounds so exciting :)


Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Wow, you guys have a lot going on! Such cool stuff, though. Take lots of pictures, write notes in journals...these will be some cool memories to look back on :)


Blogger velocibadgergirl said...

Congrats on the job and the robot progress! I'm crossing my fingers that you find another (better) buyer for the house! :)


Blogger Aimee said...

congrats! and also ::sending good sell your house vibes::

Hope that works.

Post a Comment

<< Home