3.03.2007

Score: Starbucks=1, Willpower=0
Well, at least Nick and I made it about a week into Lent before relapsing. That's pretty impressive, right?

In all fairness, today is going to be a rather rough day for the both of us. We NEEDED something to get us going. Nick's exciting plans are to study all day for his accounting test, which he then has to take by the end of the day today. After that, he gets the privelege of doing some web-based training for a new job that he's starting. As for me, I had to come into the office to work work work and try to get caught up a little bit. (As you can see, I'm getting tons of stuff done at the moment.)

When we stepped back into Starbucks this morning, we felt so guilty and wrong. But we still did it. And we ate our pastries and drank our beverages so quickly that we surprised even ourselves. It was like we were bears just out of hibernation and hadn't eaten a thing in months.

Anyway, it feels good to come clean and get that off my chest. Now we have to be good again and practice a little bit of self-control, because I don't think daily relapses will be looked upon in a very good light. Weekly relapses are okay though, right? What about bi-weekly?

4 Comments:


Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM. That pastry looks great, what is it? ;) If you eat it fast, noone will even know you were there...


Blogger Lisa said...

Ohhh. That looks so yummy.

I think Jesus will forgive you. Especially if he's ever had Starbucks. heehee.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - you made an attempt at giving something up for Lent. I completly forgot!

Now, excuse me while I get in my car and head to Starbucks. That cake is calling my name...


Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as your ask for forgiveness...its all good. Right?

Post a Comment

<< Home