3.17.2007

False alarm
I'm sure you are aware of how much I've been agonizing over jury duty. I've been a big stressy mess.

Yesterday I talked to a few of my co-workers who have bravely served on juries before, and I also called my brother who has done one week-long trial and went through the preliminary questioning for another one. He tried to make me feel better by talking about the free doughnuts for breakfast, but it didn't help much. I was mentally prepared but still fairly freaked out. Make that extremely freaked out.

So last night I braced myself and called into the jury duty hotline to see if I was still scheduled to report on Monday. And guess what? All that stress and worry and woe for nothing. They don't even want me.

Thanks, Superman and Captain Sprinkles. My heroes!

7 Comments:


Blogger Candace said...

Awesome!! I would hate Jury Duty. Mostly because it's located in the middle of downtown and everyone knows that every "downtown" in America is full of one-way streets which in turn leave me driving around the same block 5,000 times and getting NOWHERE.


Blogger carrisa said...

I'm so happy for u Angela. I am so thankful that I have never been summoned myself. But hopefully your good luck will rub off on me if ever I am.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! I'm glad you didn't have to go!

I was called for Jury Duty a couple of years ago, 1 year before they started the call in system. I sat there for 5 hours before they decided they didn't need me. I'm glad you didn't have to do that!


Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I never get selected for jury duty. I think it has something to do with my working in a prison.


Blogger Eau'Flynn said...

YAY! :)

It's definately a hard thing to have to go through.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO lucky you get out of it. I suppose having all those superheroes and robots on your side really does help! :D


Blogger L Sass said...

I have lived in NYC for 3-1/2 years and am MAJORLY overdue for jury duty. They do have wireless internet at jury duty here, but I think they do not have free donuts.

Post a Comment

<< Home