12.23.2006

Guest Post #6: Christmas Eve Football Spectacular
Every year on Christmas Eve, the men of my family like to get together and show off their gazelle-like grace and cat-like reflexes on the football field. It is actually more like a hippo-like trot and a sloth-like speed, but who is keeping track? We try to split up the teams so that each person is teamed against someone of equal or lesser value.

With the competitive nature of my brothers and me, we will probably end up pulling every muscle in our bodies to ensure that we win. The main drawback of pulling every muscle in your body is that it takes about six to eight weeks to fully recover. (Maybe our complaining for about a month afterwards is why the wives don’t particularly like this yearly event.) Personally, I feel that it is worth it though because this is our time to make sure everyone knows who is the fastest, strongest and least out of shape.

As you all may know (if you didn’t check this out) I tried out to be a quarterback of a football team and nearly made it (at least I like to think so). To let you know how off-base I was in trying to do that, I probably should admit that I am not even the best quarterback in my family. My older brother is the one who dons the quarterbacking skillz (yes, skillz with a z) and once again, I get overshadowed. Life is never fair when you are the ninth child.

We will try to get pictures of this momentous occasion so that you can see what I have to work with. And if you're really lucky, I might even share a post-game injury report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home