11.16.2006

Transportation
Our friendly neighborhood grocery store has normal-sized carts, but it also has some little wee ones for those special occasions when you don't need a whole lot of groceries, yet more than you are willing to carry around with you on your person. Or I guess you may require a small cart if you are, say, around 3 or 4 feet tall.

We always need either tons of groceries or practically nothing at all, so we've never had the good fortune of pushing a wee cart before, although we usually look longingly at them when we enter the store. That all ended this past weekend when our list had the perfect number of items on it, justifying our use of a tiny cart.

Let me tell you, it was a breath of fresh air to push such a small wheeled projectile up and down the aisles. Nick was so pleased with its turning radius that he even did a few doughnuts in the produce section.

And when we finished our shopping and it was time to head towards the checkout counters, I turned around to see that Nick had picked up the entire cart and carried it down aisle 2, just because he could. I almost had to lay on the ground because I was laughing so much.

I hope the grocery store doesn't have security cameras, because we very well may be banned from using the little carts ever again, and that would be tragic.

1 Comments:


Blogger Nick said...

I must admit, it was a great ole' time pushing (carrying) that little guy around. I can not wait until we need 7-12 items at the grocery store again.

Post a Comment

<< Home