10.20.2006

Grassy


Our front yard stays relatively manageable most of the time. It's out in the open where neighbors and passersby can see it and judge, so we try to keep it nice and trim. The fenced in backyard though is an entirely different story. You could easily lose a shoe if you're not careful. Luckily when it gets long enough it kind of falls over and looks almost normal from a distance.

But hey, on the bright side, at least we probably won't have to mow again until next spring.

And when I say "we" I really mean "Nick" because my contribution to the yardwork usually involves laying on the couch. Oh yeah, and last night I did push the garage door button, so there's that.

Side note: I recently noticed that I do that a lot, saying "we" when I mean to say "you." Like last night, when we were already in bed and wondering if we remembered to close the garage door, I pleasantly suggested that we go check it out. But really what I meant was, "You should go check that out because I am warm and sleepy and comfy and therefore a closed garage door is not on my list of priorities." I'm so glad that Nick has learned to translate and accept this a long time ago. I'm a very lucky girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home